News & Events
SONYC After-School Program
NOW HIRING - SONYC After-School Program
Positions Available: Youth Worker/Counselor - Middle School Program
Please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5:00PM on Friday, May 10, 2019
Eligible candidates are encouraged to apply for the position of Youth Worker /
Counselor in our SONYC Afterschool program.
The program is open Monday – Friday from 2:30 pm – 6:30 pm at our 1491 Bedford Avenue campus in the
Crown Heights section of Brooklyn, NY 11216.
Youth Workers / Counselors provide all necessary support to the After-school Group
- helping to prepare weekly lesson plans
- planning and implementing educational and recreational activities
- providing Math and ELA homework help/tutoring to Middle School students
- taking daily attendance and supervising program participants
- ensuring the safety and comfort of children – both indoors and outdoors
- writing incident reports and other program documentation as required
- Carrying out such other duties and tasks as may be assigned by the Program Director or Group Leader
Successful candidates will be proficient in written and oral English language
communication and possess a High School diploma (preference will be given to
candidates with a minimum of 30 college credits). Candidates will also be required to
demonstrate mastery of Middle School (Grades 6-8) Math and English Language
Applications close at 5:00PM on Friday, May 10, 2019.